Monday, May 24, 2010

Books

Books are interesting and they are good for us. They widen our cupboard of vocabulary and give us knowledge. I love to read books but now I do not have the time to read books. How I wished I could read books?
What kind of books do you all like to read? Personally, I like to read all sorts of books. However, I especially like fantasy books and mystery books. Some of them that I had read before are 'His Dark Materials" , the movie titled' The Golden Compass', 'Tunnels". Some of the mystery book are 'Hardy Boys' which my mother bought when I was young.
Among all the books, my favourite is ' His Dark Materials.' Why? Well, because the book are very interesting and the author, Philip Pullman has described the settings, the scenes and the characters well. Every time I read the book, it never failed to capture my attention. Once I start reading, I would not be able to stop until hours had passed.
This book is a master award winning trilogy, 'northern lights', 'the subtle knife' and 'the amber spyglass'. This book is about two parallel universes. Beginning in Oxford, it takes Lyra and her animal-Daemon Pantalaimon on a dangerous rescue mission to the ice kingdoms of the far North, where she begins to learn about the mysterious particles they call Dust-a substance for which a terrible war between different worlds will be fought.
In the story, I like Pantalaimon the most as it is cool and can change into different animals. This book is very beautifully written. Commented by Terry Jones'' This trilogy is one of the great imaginative works in the English language. And it contains one of the best villains in all literature's. After sharing, I hope my friends will wish to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment