Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blog prompt 1

National Service is compulsory in Singapore. In the past, people have the heart and feel for Singapore. However, as the generations pass, Singaporeans get more and more complacent of the achievement of Singapore and thus do not have the initiative to serve National Service. They have enjoyed life for too long and have turned lazy. Nobody would be willing to serve NS. Thus National Service had to be made compulsory. These is also why Singaporeans do not have the spirit of patriotism towards Singapore.
I feel that I have the same spirit of patriotism towards Singapore. Singapore is my homeland and it has given me a good education and life. Thus it is my job to reciprocate and do what I can for my country.
I am proud to be a Hwa Chongian. I have tried to improve myself over time and when people ask which school I am from, I will tell them that I am from Hwa Chong Institution.

1 comment:

  1. Nobody can tell whether they are a patriot as it is easier to just say than take action until times of war which we are but i hope that we in ourselves know what is right and will do wnat is right and not chicken out and become a deserter in the army.And so I totally agree with your point Great post !!

    ReplyDelete